Thank you Karin Kaufman for tagging me for your "blog hop" entitled, "The Next Big Thing." Yes! I do have a WIP (work in progress) and consequently it does seem like my blog has been too quiet lately. Don't be fooled!! That does not mean that stories are not cooking!
Here are my answers to Karin's questions followed by a few writers for you to explore.
1. What is the title of your book/WIP?
My newest book is just beginning. I have not decided for sure on the title. I am hoping to keep "Night" in the title, but it may not work.
A trip to France in April. I'll incorporate quite a bit of action in France.
3. What genre would your book fall under?
Mystery / suspense but with a healthy dose of clean romance, like the others.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Oh my. Don't know... Maybe Katie Holmes (she's available, I hear) and maybe Hugh Jackman? Maybe someone totally new.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
An innocent trip to France to relax and sort out her life lands Clare square in the middle of international intrigue and danger.
6. Is your book published or represented?
7. How long did it take you to write?
Still a WIP. I hope to have it done in December.
8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to?
It is most like my other books. Strong female characters, strong sense of place, suspense, romance.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
In a way, every author. I have read so much and have learned so much from others!
10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.
While all my books are "stand alone" this book as well will be most fulfilling, I think, if one reads it after reading the others: Night Walks Softly , Should Night Come and Silent Night. Characters from all three books will reappear and their stories will continue in context with Clare's story in book four.
Some writers to watch whom I have tagged:
Gail Baugniet : http://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com/
Karin Kaufman: http://www.karin-kaufman.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html
Nadine Feldman: http://nadinefeldman.com/